The medical department of the Várfürdő was opened in 1968 . In the same year, the water of thermal well No. I was declared medicinal water. In 1971, the then Ministry of Health classified the Gyula Castle Bath as a spa. The water of thermal well No. I belongs to the family of sodium bicarbonate medicinal waters. As such, it is excellent for alleviating various musculoskeletal, neurological and dermatological complaints.
What diseases is the spa treatment recommended for?
- For spine and joint diseases caused by wear and tear, such as: complaints caused by spinal hernia, disc diseases, chronic back pain, hip, knee, joint wear and tear
- Arthritis in a dormant stage
- Complaints caused by osteoporosis, back and lumbar pain
- Chronic brachial and sciatic nerves (after acute symptoms have resolved)
- After orthopedic and neurosurgical operations (implantation of prostheses, spinal hernia operations)
- For after-treatment of accidents: for after-treatment of fractures, joint injuries
- Chronic gynecological inflammations
- Chronic urological inflammations
- For the treatment of vasoconstrictions
- For skin diseases (eczema, lichen, psoriasis)
- Complications caused by diabetes (joint and blood circulation disorders, nerve inflammation)
The effects of the spa treatment:
- Pain-relieving effect
- relieves muscle tension
- the body's ability to regenerate improves
- reduction of allergic reactions
- has a calming effect on the nervous system
- reduces sleep disturbance
- at the right temperature, it reduces inflammatory processes
- when inhaled, it promotes the release of mucus deposited in the airways
- due to its high content of metasilicic acid, it reduces the symptoms of some skin diseases, such as eczema, lichen and psoriasis.
The ideal length of spa treatments is 2-3 weeks, one or two 20-30 minute sessions per day. The therapeutic effect is proven by the fact that if the patient uses the spa treatment for a longer time or more often than prescribed, he may even overdose. Symptoms of this are headache, malaise, sleep disturbance, irritability or increased joint pain. To avoid this, it is advisable to consult a specialist or the spa doctor in our Spa before using the spa treatment. It is important to observe the frequency prescribed by them so that the time spent with us really results in healing.
Contraindications to the use of spa treatments
There are diseases for which treatments can cause more harm than good, because they adversely affect the function of vital organs, result in prolonged healing, cause the development of infections, or simply worsen the patient's condition. The most common problems are:
- serious heart diseases, rhythm disorders, untreated high blood pressure,
- acute, febrile, infectious diseases,
- malignant neoplastic diseases,
- severe liver and kidney diseases,
- nervous system diseases, epilepsy,
- inflammatory skin diseases, leg ulcers,
- fecal-urinary retention disorders,
- under the influence of alcohol (we do not treat intoxicated patients)
The chemical composition of the healing water:
|Potassium, sodium||K+, Na+||683.0 mg/l|
|Free carbonic acid||CO2||35.0 mg/l|
|Metaboric acid||HBO2||15.0 mg/l|
|Metasilicic acid||H2SiO3||70.0 mg/l|
- Before medical treatments, a medical consultation is required, with a prior appointment, +36-66/561-364 . (Except for spas with medical pools.)
- The head of the medical department is rheumatologist Dr. Ágnes Zahorán.
- Required for the examination: TB card, identity card, residential address card, results of previously performed examinations
- We draw up a treatment plan for our patients based on the results of previous tests and the specialist examination.
- Medical services can be used on the basis of a doctor's recommendation against tickets exchanged at the ticket office. The time of the service is arranged by the medical dispatcher. The service can only be used at the predetermined time.
- The telephone number of the dispatcher: +36-66/561-350.
- Treatments can be prescribed for at least 6 days.
- Our patients who have been prescribed their medical treatments at home can immediately report to the medical dispatcher, and if necessary, they can visit the spa doctor's office with their problems throughout the duration of their spa treatment.
- The usage time of the bathtub, including undressing and dressing, is 1 hour, disabled people can bring a companion with them.
- It is not necessary to register to use the bathtub, but it is advisable.
- The duration of the therapeutic massage, including undressing and dressing, is 20 minutes.
Our guests with limited mobility can bring a companion with them - subject to prior agreement.
- The recommended stay in the spa pools is a maximum of 40-50 minutes per day, unless the doctor orders otherwise.
- TB support can be used by patients with a valid social security number and a regular social insurance relationship.
- Spa treatments can be ordered with social insurance support for the purpose of rehabilitation for people suffering from certain chronic musculoskeletal diseases.
- Two treatments can be ordered in one calendar year, from four types of spa factors, max. 15 times . Treatments can be prescribed by the regionally competent rheumatology, orthopedic, or in rehabilitation clinics and in the doctor's office of Várfürdő.
- The duration of the spa treatment cannot be shorter than 6 treatment days.
- The spa treatments prescribed on the prescription must be started within 30 days from the date of issue and must be completed within 56 days from the start. After completing the treatments, the treatment sheet must be returned to the prescriber within three weeks.
- Among the medical treatments supported by the OEP, substituting the spa service entitles you to use the spa services and the pools of the swimming pool.
Other information and information of public interest can be found in the policy .